Cockroach pest control is one of the most popular services we offer at Invicta. Cockroaches are a public health pest that can lead to prosections for being in a food preparation business. Finding cockroaches in your home or business can be very distressing. Cockroaches are known carriers of diseases such as Salmonella, Dysentery & Gastro-enteritis, exposure to this pest also poses significant health risks. Cockroaches carry with them a number of diseases that can be potentially quite serious to humans.
Cockroaches in your business can ruin your reputation and they are notoriously considered a sign of an unclean practices. However, there are other concerns that make cockroaches pests that must be dealt with by professionals.
What type of Cockroaches live in the Uk
- American cockroach – found in basements and kitchens, but prefer to breed outdoors and live on trees.
- Oriental cockroach – dark black or brown in color they love cool, damp areas. These are a health concern because they love to feed on garbage and decaying things.
- Brown banded – One of the smallest species on 10-15mm length. Usually stay on the ground however have the ability to fly in warmer climates.
How do you spot if you have Cockroaches
Signs of a cockroach problem can be identified by physical evidence such as:
- Cockroach droppings
- Unusual and distinctive odour — caused by their droppings
- Smear marks
- Shed skin
- Cockroach eggs — called an ootheca
- Damage caused by cockroaches, such as chewed packaging
- Actual sightings of live or dead cockroaches, or body parts, in kitchens, laundry rooms, drains, roof voids and damp basements
Why are Cockroaches pests?
Cockroaches can bring about illnesses such as:
- Food poisoning – because they like to eat rotten food and crawl around unsanitary places, they can track germs across the food on your counter and in cabinets and that can cause food poisoning.
- Dysentery – a disease that comes from ingesting fecal matter, which cockroaches are more than happy to walk across and then bring onto your food.
- Tapeworms – which can cause serious illness and problems with digesting food in humans and other animals.
- Roundworm – parasite organisms, such as pinworms, that can be very dangerous to humans and cause illnesses such as trichinosis.
- Fungus – cockroach droppings, shed skins and other material can develop fungi that will affect the lungs or eyes. Those with asthma can be very much at risk from fungus left by cockroaches.
- Viruses – roaches are known to carry a number of viruses including those as serious as polio.
- Allergies – cockroach droppings, skins and saliva are one of the leading causes of allergies for those who live in urban locations. Increases in eczema and asthma have even been linked to cockroach droppings.
We are experts at eradicating long term insect issues from your property and believe in offering a holistic approach to your cockroach problems by offering guaranteed riddance programs to ensure complete satisfaction. We use state of the art innovative approaches to eradicate pest issues fast! Same day appointments are available and we are happy to work round your schedule. Call us or book a visit on the link below.
Our teams cover all areas of the North East of England, Call our teams today or book a visit using the ink below, Areas we currently service include: Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Gateshead, Darlington, Hartlepool, Stockton on Tees, South Shields, Washington. Tynemouth, Jarrow, Durham, Wallsend, Redcar, Whitley Bay, Chester Le Street, Blyth, Billingham and all surrounding North East areas.
Invicta’s Pest Control Service Process
Invicta will contact you to understand what issues you are having on site. We will listen and understand the issues you are having and then recommended the correct cause of action to take. A site survey may be required to better understand what the best course of action is required.
We will agree a suitable time to attend with yourself and carry out the appropriate treatment for the pest you are having issues with.
Appropriate follow up visits will be completed to help monitor and eradicate the issue. (Some pests may not require further follow up visits)
All our visits come with detailed photographic reports so you can understand exactly what we have done and what equipment we have used.